**NEW CLASS and RULE**
Any age man or woman skier. Any boat 21 foot 4 inch or under (6.5 meter), measured bow to lowest part of the transom that the drive is mounted on, not including the drive or outboard extensions. Any engine or engines inboard or outboard. The race committee may determine thoes who qualify and the number of entrants in this class.
The LBB&SC intends for the Super Class to provide an opportunity for elite skiers and their teams to compete in the CSR in like boats on an equal basis. New records and trophies will be established for this premier class. The LBB&SC will match up to $500 of prize money raised in a newly created competitor’s pool. Newly designed Crystal Champagne Buckets, a perpetual trophy and 3 checkered flags will be awarded to the winning team. The Super Class Winner will be invited to compete and defend his title in the Super Class at no charge at the next year’s CSR. This class will start in the second flight and compete head to head with the best ski race teams in the world for an overall position.
Sponsorship for this new elite class is available. Your company’s name and products can be associated with this new and exciting opportunity. For this and other sponsorship / advertising opportunities please contact Heidi – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MEN’S OPEN One skier, Any age male any type boat or engine.
- WOMEN’S OPEN One skier, Any age female any type boat or engine.
- JUNIOR BOYS One Skier Boys age 15 and under, any type boat or engine.
- JUNIOR GIRLS One Skier Girls age 15 and under, any type boat or engine.
- INTERMEDIATE MEN One Skier Men between ages 16-24, any type boat or engine.
- INTERMEDIATE WOMEN One Skier, Women between ages 16-30, any type boat or engine.
- SENIOR MEN One skier Men between ages 25-35, any type boat or engine.
- SENIOR WOMEN One Skier, Women between ages 31-59, any type boat or engine.
- VETERAN MEN One Skier, Men between ages 36-44, any type boat or engine.
- EXPERT MEN One Skier, Men between the ages 45-59, any type boat or engine.
- MASTERS One Skier Men or Women 60 years of age and over, any type boat or engine.
- FORMULA II OUTBOARD One Skier, Any age man or woman skier, single engine outboards only.
- OPEN DAY CRUISER Any age man or woman skier. Any boat length. Jet, I/O, V-Drive. Naturally aspirated single engine with single carburetor or fuel injection. Seating for 5, engine covered, and full carpeting.
- MIXED DOUBLES Two skiers, man and woman, any age, any type boat or engine.
- DOUBLE UP Two skiers of the same sex, any age any type of boat or engine.
- OPEN JET One Skier, Any age man or woman skier, single engine jet boats only.
- NOVICE One Skier, Any age man or woman skier, any type boat or engine. To qualify as a novice, the skier shall not have received points in a sanctioned marathon/circle race in any class other than Novice, Social, or Pro-Social. If you have ever COMPLETED the Catalina Ski Race in 1 hr – 30 mins, you may not enter in the Novice class.
- OVER & BACK Each skier is to ski half way. MAXIMUM 4 team members. World team members excluded.
- SPORTSMAN Any age man or woman skier. No skier shall have ever skied in an Open Class at a Sanctioned Event in the USA or Internationally. Hulls must be a factory production and in stock condition as delivered from the manufacturer, except modified for safety requirements. Boat may have only one engine, IO, inboard, outboard, jet, and can not exceed 24 feet in length, bow to transom. The engine must be naturally aspirated from a nationally distributed manufacturer. An inboard engine may not exceed 502cid (8.2L) and must retain the cast iron 2 piece exhaust manifolds. Outboard engines of up to 400 HP are allowed. All engines can not be modified or altered to enhance performance. Seating for 4, engine covered, and full carpeting.
WORLD TEAM RULES: 2017 World Teams. F1 Skiers may compete in SUPERCLASS, OPEN or their age class only. F2 and Juniors may compete and any class except NOVICE, SPORTSMAN or OVER & BACK. It is the teams responsibility to report this.